Disfruta de las piezas de esta fábrica en:
SOBRE EL TALLER
San Antonio Val de Piedade was built around 1784 by the Genovese Jerónimo Rossi, Vice Consul of Sardinia in Porto. In 1804 it employed 39 people, and its production was destined for Brasil.
It suffered the setbacks of the Napoleonic invasion and the latter opening of the English market.
SOBRE LA FÁBRICA
Upon Rossi´s death in 1821, his daughter Joana took over until 1830 when she leases it to Francisco de Rocha Soares of the Miragaia factory.
After that, it was leased to Aráujo Lima who gave the stoneware, tiles and glazed tiles a boost competing with Miragaia and Cavaquinho.
In 1852 it received numerous workers from the closed down factory of Miragaia. In 1861 Lima dies, and Joao do Rio Junior comes in and introduces new things into production like interior decorative pieces, artefacts for the garden and sanitary objects. There was a fire in 1886, and was rebuilt two years later when it continued to produce until 1930.
DISFRUTA DE ESTE TALLER EN:
Apartamento Santo Antonio Val de Piedade
This holiday apartment has a beautiful living room that is connected to a large kitchen with windows that look out onto the Rua da Restauração. Being on the ground flooring means that the apartment has high ceilings and large windows that are open to the midday and evening light. The wooden floor provides both comfort and warmth.